Lemon Tea Cake

In my first post, I would like to share this very yummy recipe. As I was strolling down SM Supermarket, I noticed they're already selling lemons. Lemons are quite pricey here in the Philippines in my own opinion because 3 pcs. of lemons costs around P69.00 but 3 lemons are quite enough for this recipe. In fact, in this recipe you will only need half of the lemon the rest you can juiced it. I'm a big fan of lemon and I'm trying every possible recipes with lemons as part of the ingredients. For me, it's a wonder fruit since there are lots of usage. If there's SM or Savemore on your area, I'm pretty sure there's lemon available. Now, let's start baking!

Ingredients:

  1. 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
  2. 1/2 cup white sugar
  3. 2 eggs
  4. 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  5. 1 cup all purpose flour
  6. 1 tsp. baking powder
  7. 1/2 tsp. salt (iodized)
  8. Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
Procedure:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degree Celsius).
  2. Grease the pan thoroughly (use butter or oil)  or use a cooking spray.
  3. Cream or mix the softened butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy using a mixer for 3 minutes. (butter mixture)
  4. Add eggs one at a time while mixing then add the vanilla extract.
  5. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in another mixing bowl. (flour mixture)
  6. Add half of the flour mix to the butter mixture then combine.
  7. Add the lemon juice and zest of the lemon.
  8. Mix and add the remaining flour to the batter and combine thoroughly.
  9. Pour the batter mix to the greased pan.
  10. Bake until cake springs out when lightly pressed or when the toothpick comes clean. If the toothpick doesn't come clean then cook a little more. Just keep on checking the oven. (Bake time approximately 20 minutes or so)

For extra special taste you may want to put some glaze on your cake, you'll need:
  1. 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar (also known as icing sugar)
  2. Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon ( you can use the extra half of your lemon)
Procedure:
  1. Combine confectioner's sugar,lemon juice and it's zest together & mix well using a spoon.
  2. Pour the mixture over the cake and refrigerate for an hour or so and serve.
You may skip this procedure if you want to, like in my case. Instead of glaze, I frosted this cake using Lemon Buttercream frosting 'coz I love decorating my cakes before serving. Also, I made some mini cupcakes out from this recipe too but most of them are overcooked hahaha! 

This is me with my heart-shaped lemon tea cake frosted with lemon buttercream. 
I made mini cupcakes out of the remaining batter and decorate it with thinly sliced lemons and candy sprinkles. By the way, I really love this non-stick heart-shaped cake pan by Sharon Cuneta. It's truly a good buy and very affordable. It's better than Kris Aquino's bakewares.





Post a Comment

1 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.

Top Post Ad

Below Post Ad